Thursday, June 6, 2013

Photographing Myself Wearing Pantyhose (And Things)

This week has been a first for me.  I've been off all week long while my wife has had to work.  It's something that hasn't happened before.  Being home all day and my wife isn't.

Home alone and able to play during the day.  I've been able to play dress up and take some pictures.  I've also recently started using the video camera again.  I've noticed that my videograher skills have gotten a little rusty.

It's nice to have a an entire week off from work.  Since my wife has had to work.  I've had to play all by myself.

I'm a frustrated photographer.  I've wanted to take great pictures since I was young.  I started out with film cameras as a teenager and into adulthood, but, I've never really taken the time to become what I consider, good at it.

For quite a while now, you can do it all yourself and people all around the world can see what you've done almost instantly.  I'm not quite up to showing things instantly.  Yet.  I'm not on Twitter.  Yet.  I've been thinking about it though.

This past Christmas I was given a nice used digital DSLR camera.  I'm still trying to master it.  It's still winning.

**********************************************

The picture below is one of the first I took at the beginning of my week of vacation.  I'm simply wearing a black tee shirt, boy shorts and pantyhose.  Oh, and a hint of cheek.


 I just haven't figured how to meter the shot for my legs.  Any suggestions?

I took these late Sunday morning.  The thing is, late morning on a sunny day isn't a great time to take pictures outdoors.  The best time is within a couple of hours of sunrise or sunset.  During the midday, the sun is overhead and harsh.














One thing that doesn't show in these pictures is the fact that I'm absolutely scared that someone is going to see me standing out on our deck wearing high heels and a tank top.  As you can see we have neighbors in  close proximity.  There is always a chance that a neighbor may accidentally see me.  Also, when these particular pictures were taken, my wife was inside asleep.  There was a chance that she could wake up and catch me.



What I typically do is decide on an outfit.  It may be simply a pair of pantyhose and a tee shirt or it could be something a little more elaborate.  Once I start shooting.  I try to take as many pictures as I can in a short amount of time without anyone seeing (catching) me.

I may end up with as many as thirty, forty or even fifty or more shots of myself in the chosen outfit. It's the spray and pray philosophy.  Take a bunch and hope one or two come out looking good.  I try to vary my pose in each shot just a little.  Although admittedly,  posing is not exactly my strongest suit.  It's surprising how altering a pose just a fraction can change a picture from one that needs to be deleted instantly to one that looks pretty damn good.  Something as simple as rotating my angle toward or away from the camera an inch or so can make a difference.  Who knows how many shots it took to come up with the cover shot for this month's Playboy (I'm old) or FHM?  Fifty?  A hundred?








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you still have them, Post some photos back in your young and teen days. love to see them.. RT.